15 June 2010

22. try a new restaurant

Earlier this month was Dining Week in Milwaukee and being myself I participated on the last night of the Dining Week. My sister, two of her friends and I went to the Colescott opening and then went to Kil@wat for a $38 for $20. It was fantastic! The atmosphere was simple and very "metro". There are screen prints of the building hanging on the wall that are just abstract enough to not stand out too much. There was just enough noise where you didn't feel like you had to speak quietly but not too much where you couldn't hear the person across from you. Props to the designer because creating the perfect restaurant atmosphere is difficult.

As far as the food & drink it was slightly more than what I expected. The wine was delicious, the salmon entree was mouth watering, and the cheesecake was surprisingly full of many flavors. But I think my favorite part was their pretzel rolls. No joke, they actually had a roll that was made of pretzel dough complete with salt. It was the greatest thing I've ever had. I think I might have to return, for a special occasion because of the price, but nonetheless I will return.


No comments:

Post a Comment